Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fitness fun...

I've mentioned a few times that I want to get fit and lose some weight. My last effort at joining a gym was an expensive disaster, however with the new year started, plus wedding dress shopping only 6 months away, I thought I'd better grow up and get my act together.

I've been really good with my diet this week. There have been a few little naughty moments, but generally I've stuck to my guns and have watched what I put into my mouth. As a result, I've lost around 1kg.

I went to the gym on Thursday evening with EA. There is a Jetts right near our house, and you can get 3 day passes to test the place out. I was really happy with the place, the manager was lovely and I managed a workout on the treadmill without falling off. Winner!

As I mentioned in my last post, I went to the gym again today. I know. It's the apocalypse. I even joined, which is a big deal after said last effort. My cost-per-use now sits at approximately $166.75. When I get it down to about $2.50 I'll be happy. I'm really enjoying the workouts actually, the TVs on each piece of equipment help, and I think I'll be able to use my Kindle on some things, too (e.g. the bikes).

The beauty of Jetts is that it is open 24 hours. It is only staffed a few hours a day, but never on Sundays, however I don't want personal training so I'm OK with that. It's ridiculously cheap ($17.95 per fortnight on a couples membership) plus there are no contracts - you just give one month's notice if you wish to cancel your membership.

Something tells me that I may turn into a bit of a gym junkie. I'm even considering going along tonight just to use the treadmill. Perhaps I'll watch Fantastic Four while I walk. The idea is sounding better and better as I ponder it...

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there that I'm proud of myself this week, and hopefully this is the start of a healthy change in my life.

1 comments:

bowsnhearts said...

I am bad at gym. I have a gym membership but always too lazy to go to gym. I am going to end it once the contract ends and am just going to get a treadmill.

 

Free Blog Counter