Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions...

I understand that resolutions are most often a complete joke. I think that the only resolutions that I've ever kept have been regarding keeping an organiser, mostly because I am obsessive about organising my life.


Keeping that in mind, I do have a list of resolutions for 2010. I figure that some may not be kept, however if by some miracle I do keep them, then surely it could only make me feel great.

1. Eat better and exercise

I get married in less than 18 months, and want to lose a fair whack of weight. I know, 18 months is a long time, but being healthy is something that should start now. What better time than now to change my (bad) habits. Unfortunately I started off the day with Maltesers, but we can't all be perfect...

2. Become 2/3 of a CPA

I have 4 subjects to complete this year, and dammit I'm going to pass the things and retain what I learn...

3. Cook more

I hardly cook at all. EA is really the cook of the household. However, making jam on NYE was really calming, and it was actually fun! So I resolve to spend more time cooking, mostly just healthy meals (bye, Maccas!), but also I could experiment with different things on weekends...

4. Keep a tidy house

I've mentioned before that I am really tidy at work, but at home I get a bit slack. This year I'd like to have a bit more of a schedule in place to keep my house tidy. When I've done a huge tidy, and the house is pristine, I am sooo relaxed, and I feel really happy and peaceful. When there is clutter, I can really feel the extra anxiety. I don't need this in my life, so by the end of January my house is going to be lovely and stay that way...

5. Spend more time on me
I go through brief phases where I'm super good with taking care of my skin and pampering myself, but lately that has dropped off. I resolve to take proper care of my skin, every day, and each week I'll take time out to put on a mask, give myself a body scrub and maybe just have a bath and relax for an hour.

I've put a reminder in my calendar to look back on these resolutions each month to track how I'm going.

1 comments:

bowsnhearts said...

Good luck with your CPA! I am just fresh out of uni and have to do that in that future.

18 months to plan a wedding party!!!

 

Free Blog Counter