Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Award time...

I was awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award by Thea at Do I Really Wanna Blog? and Belinda at An Account of Social Commentary some time ago. I feel really awful to have not acknowledged this until now (though I'm sure I did thank them on their blogs!) - it really does make my day when someone comments or says that they like my blog. I am not as regular a poster as some, and I don't know that I'll ever be able to be, but I really do enjoy blogging, even about shallow, material things...

So thanks again, girls!!!

The rules for this award are:

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award (check)
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog (check)
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award (check)
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself
5. Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers

I have thought long and hard to try to find 7 interesting things about me. It's harder than I thought! I'm going to have to settle for 7 random things about me - the interesting bit was a bit of a reach...

- I am petrified of possums. I will not go anywhere near one. Sure, they're cute, but those things are vicious killing machines. You may not believe me now, but when one jumps down off a power line onto your face, you'll be singing a different tune...

- I wear a scarf every single day, summer or winter. I would rather sweat in a scarf than go without. I think it's because I wear mostly monochrome outfits. I also think that I've mentioned this on here before. Oh well.

- I suck at detoxes. I have tried about a million times now without success - I think I got through maybe 3 days, and those days weren't in a row. So I've decided that it's all too much and if I can eat well on some days then that's good enough for me.

- I hate hate hate when somebody writes something on twitter or facebook that is vague - quite obviously just crying out for somebody else to ask what they mean or what is the matter. I've been sucked in a few times and always regret it. I just want to tell them to either spit out what they really want to tell the world or shut up.

- I think that Eric Roberts is one of the most handsome men on the planet. Always have. I'm yet to find someone who agrees with me - surely one of you lovely ladies will... Or not... He even looks good as he gets older. Let us take a brief moment to take in the handsomeness that is Eric Roberts:




- I have never been overseas, but we plan to for our honeymoon next year. We are super excited.

- My attainable dream car is a Honda Accord Euro. I've loved Hondas since I was little. I will one day own a Honda. I might get a Jazz next. Or a little Civic. EA can get the Euro as the family car. My slightly less attainable dream car is the Camaro:


I don't even know why. I'm not really a car person, but these are sexy.

OK. Now to pass this on to 7 other bloggers. I'm sure that they'll all have received this award before, because they're all beautiful women whose blogs are some of the first that I look for in my Google Reader each day:

1. Megan at Writing Out Loud
2. Kelly at Ramblings from a Nobody - I've gone ahead and guess that you're name is Kelly - please correct me if I'm wrong!!!
3. Natalie at Lemon Butter
4. Jade at She Is Jade
5. Maryanne at Domestic Divinity - I hope I've spelt your name right!


1 comments:

Evelynne said...

Hee! I found your blog looking for pictures of Eric Roberts. I guess that tells you there's at least one other person out there who agrees with you. :) I've been crushing on him for 20 years and he does seem to have aged really well.

 

Free Blog Counter