Monday, September 20, 2010

I surprised myself again...

I started work at 6am this morning, but for the last time in a while, as the proposal I was writing has now been submitted, and is really good work, if I do say so myself.

I have started eating around 5/6 small meals a day rather than going for hours and hours without food and then being tempted (and not often resisting) to eat whatever I can get my hands on when I can wait no longer.

Today I had:

  • Up'n'Go for brekky
  • Banana
  • Kiwi fruit
  • Small can of 4 bean mix
  • Low fat tomato soup (one of the microwave ones)
  • A couple of pieces of chocolate (oi, I'm allowed a treat)
  • Small plate of mongolian beef with rice
I only drank water, which is fine with me. I actually don't think I had enough water today.

This brings me to my exercise for the day - I have to stay up late tonight, so I knew I would have to run whether I felt like it or not, because the exercise wakes me up and I can't sleep for hours afterwards. So I put on my gym clothes (from last night, yuck, they're now in the washing machine) and trekked the 7m out to the garage.

The result surprised me - I had planned my run a bit at work today. I tend to run, then walk, then run but get lazy so walk, then run for ages at 12km/hr, then walk at 6km/hr, then run at 8.4/8.6/8.2km/hr (changing every 10 seconds). You get my drift - there is no routine, and I don't think it's helping my training. So tonight I went back to a C25K type routine and walked/ran equal times, but when I ran I ran faster than I had before - probably around 11km/hr for most of the running sections. I figure then when I need to run at 10km/hr for 30 minutes it will seem like more of a jog! We will see though...


Average speed 8.47km/hr.

I'm really happy with this. I knocked 1:10 off my record! I'll really have to plateau soon, but I'll keep pushing myself.

I also need to recognise that I'm doing this predominantly for weight loss, and the 5km time is just a goal to keep me motivated. I will have to bring in other elements to my workout soon - I stopped doing the lunges, squats and arm weights, but should probably reintroduce those into my routine.

I hope all of you other runners are having a good exercise week so far!

1 comments:

Jane said...

YAY! That's awesome! Well done.

I'm just about to head over to my treadmill and run like a crazy lady.

xx

 

Free Blog Counter