Saturday, October 2, 2010

I love today...

Hello my little peanuts.

I hope you're all had a lovely Saturday. I didn't get up properly until 11am after going for a few drinks with friends and colleagues last night. I eventually got the courage to step on the scales and surprised myself - my lowest weight yet (since this whole running/weight loss business). That's after a drunken Big Mac meal last night, so bonus. Took the food guilt right away, and I'd been drinking water all through the night so I knew it wasn't dehydration.

After going to Myer to buy EA some jeans (2 pairs - success!) and then doing the grocery shopping we came home, had lunch and I settled in to watch the AFL grand final. Who was I kidding, though - I got bored and so did my stretches and hit the treadmill.

My goal:

Goal
Actual
Walk 300m – 7km/hr
Walk 300m – 7km/hr
Run 3.5km – 9.4km/hr
Run 3.5km – 9.4km/hr
Walk 300m – 7km/hr
Walk 300m - 7km/hr
Run 900m – 9.4km/hr
Run 900m – 9.4-12km/hr


The result:


I'm stoked with that. Average speed 9.1696. I felt really good about it, and while I was absolutely stuffed at the end, it was in a good way and the pain in my legs wasn't too bad. I stuck to the plan, and in order to just pip my planned time (by 30 seconds as it turns out) I ran faster in the last running leg rather than sticking to 9.4km. I came back inside and was able to do my crunches and weights while watching the rest of the final.

It is such a mental thing, running. Where a couple of weeks ago I'd be giving myself excuses to stop running and walk for a while, now I'm really optimistic about being able to surpass my goals. The shoes have been wonderful, and so have my new clothes - I bought a tshirt and two pairs of running tights from Amart and Rebel (sign up online and you get a $20 voucher from each, with no minimum spend!)

This is me being happy after another successful run, about to go and have a long shower and wash my sweaty hair. It doesn't adequately bring out the severe case of redface that I had, but you will note the remnants of last night's mascara running down my face:


I'll run again tomorrow, but not on Monday because I'm starting yoga! I look forward to running into Annie as she leaves her class and I enter mine :)

1 comments:

Jane said...

Aw, you look gorgeous!

I totally agree about it being a mental thing. If you psyche yourself up to run, and tell yourself that you CAN do it, chances are you WILL.

Well done for sticking with it! xxx

 

Free Blog Counter