Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday, please stay...

What a gorgeous, rainy day. I started my Sunday by going to the markets and buying some seedlings. They're now potted, watered and on the front balcony/deck/veranda thingy ready to cop some full sun when we eventually see it again.


After the markets, I purchased a running magazine. I know, I'm hardcore. It's the Runner's World Coach magazine - so a really good resource for beginners like me. I will probably do a specific post on the really interesting things I learnt from reading the magazine cover to cover, for those of you who are also enjoying being beginner runners.

Given I'm having a rest day tomorrow (well, sort of - I'm starting my yoga classes), I wanted to push really hard today and make the most of my run. I was feeling really good because the scales were kind to me again this morning.

Goal:


Goal
Actual
Walk 200m – 7km/hr
Walk 200m – 7km/hr
Run 3.6km – 9.4km/hr
Run 3.6km – 9.6km/hr
Walk 200m – 7km/hr
Walk 200m - 7km/hr
Run 1km – 9.4km/hr
Run 1km – 9.4-12km/hr

Result:


Average speed 9.43km/hr. That's 54 seconds off my previous record, and I won't lie, it was bloody hard. If I was outside I don't know that I would have been able to keep going - I was leaning on the tready a bit to take the pressure off my legs. I'm still optimistic that I'll be running 5km by the end of this month, and it will be pretty darn close to 30 minutes if not under it.

After my run and my weights/crunches I had a very lovely omelette with tomato and capsicum. The photo doesn't look to appetising, but trust me, it was tasty.


Anyway, I'd better go and firstly source coffee, but then dry and straighten my hair - we're off to our friend S's house tonight for a roast dinner. I can't wait, especially because S agreed to be the MC at our wedding on Friday night. It's all falling into place :)

Happy Sunday everyone.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter