Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Party time...

I haven't blogged in a little while, which is weird because I'm not doing anything at work and so have time that could be spent blogging to my heart's content.

It's my work Christmas party this afternoon/evening. I've been dreading it a little all week - there are only really 3 people who I look forward to partying with, and one of those has to leave early. I'm trying to get myself psyched now though. I'm sure once I hit the bubbles I'll be fine.

I'm in the middle of working out my notice period at the moment. I was going to have from 24 December to 10 January off, but given I resigned from my job last Tuesday I now have to work through. I do have a bit to do, but I'm trying to spread it out over the notice period so I don't get too bored. I'll be in for the three day week next week, probably just watching telly.

I can now tell you that I'm going to be the entire accounts department for an engineering/architectural/project management firm just out of the CBD in Brisbane. I can't wait. I work best in autonomous roles and it's going to be super busy and challenging, unlike where I am now. There are 45 people in the office, so it will be the largest company that I have worked for. I start on 17 January and cannot wait.

Fingers crossed I get some good photos tonight so I can post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! Congrats on your new job, it sounds fabulous :-) Have fun at your Christmas party this arvo, ours is tomorrow.

Audrey said...

Congratulations again! How was your work Christmas party?

 

Free Blog Counter